Want to work for ITS?
Do you like working with technology and helping people? Do you want to put your skills to use and make a difference in service delivery to our faculty, students, and staff while earning some spending money? Come work for Information & Technology Solutions (ITS) in the Mines Support Center (MSC) or on various ITS projects and initiatives! ITS hires students for a variety of positions across campus. Some positions require technical expertise but others don’t have any specific prerequisite knowledge requirements.
Our Consultants Program
A Student Consultant is a Mines student who works for ITS to provide technology assistance as needed across campus. Students who work as Consultants work as service desk agents, providing first level support to troubleshoot and resolve problems with computers, printers, classroom technology, etc. Consultant may also be dispatched to offices, student spaces and classrooms to deliver IT related services. Consultants also assist ITS staff with tasks related to desktop support services, operations, networking, telecommunications, administrative, High Performance Computing (HPC), Security Operations Center, Labs and Classrooms services.
The ideal candidate has:
- a combination of excellent interpersonal communication skills and technology knowledge
- compassion and empathy when working with members of the Mines community who are having technical difficulties
- interest in technology
Consultant positions are available in the following ITS Teams:
- Client Services/User Experience and Support Services (UXSS): Troubleshoot technology issues.
- Instructional Technology: Labs and Classrooms software and hardware support.
- Operations: Develop, deploy, and maintain technology on campus.
- Networking: Adds, Moves. Changes to ensure reliable network connectivity on campus.
- Telecommunications: Cabling
- Security: Security Operations Center assignments
- Administrative: Various admin type support duties including technical trainer roles
- Web and Applications Development: Love to Code? ITS will begin hiring students to work with the Web and Applications Development team to develop and maintain web services and applications, and our mobile app (The M).
ITS will begin offering Summer Internship programs with assignments available in various ITS Teams and the opportunity to work on several innovation and leading edge technology initiatives to accelerate projects.
We offer training in technology and flexible hours available including week days, nights and weekends. You can work around your class schedule. We also offer promotion opportunities and ways you can get involved to have a bigger role.
To search for available positions and apply, log into the Mines job-search portal, DiggerNet by clicking the DiggerNet icon in Trailhead. Positions are available much of the year. And even when we’re not advertising there, you can also send a résumé and statement of interest directly to email@example.com — we’ll keep it on file for future openings.
For more information, contact the Mines Service Center at 303.384.2345 or walk into CT156.