General Description: Read&Write software provides a toolbar that helps students create and access content with the literacy support features needed to engage with a personalized learning experience – helping every student meet their full potential.
Availability: for student and instructor use: Read&Writes is available to Mines in several different ways:
- Pre-installed in all Mines computer labs
- Installed on personal or office computers
- Installed as a Chrome extension or Microsoft Edge Add-on
- Installed on Android or iPad
Method for Obtaining:
For personal computer installation, Chrome extension or web app access:
- Navigate to https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write/read-write-for-education/
- Click the “Try Read&Write today” button
- Select the version (Android, iPad, Windows,Mac OS, Chrome, Edge)
- Click the “Install” button
- Follow the installation process for your device
- When prompted, click the “Sign in with Microsoft” button
- If prompted, sign into your Mines Office 365 account with your Mines credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org and password)
Access on Mines Lab computer:
- After logging into a Mines lab computer, click the “Start” button and type in Read&Write to find and launch.
*No log in is required when accessing via a Lab computer*
Documentation: Available from Texthelp support
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.