Vendor: Minitab, Inc.
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows only.
General Description: Minitab, Inc says that “Minitab is the ideal statistical software to help you achieve your goals because it is:
- Easy to use – Minitab leverages your students’ existing software skills and has a highly intuitive interface designed to complement how they learn statistics
- Comprehensive – Minitab contains a complete set of sound, peer-reviewed methods; no need to buy, learn, or maintain separate add-ins or modules.
- Inexpensive and accessible – Offers many affordable ways for you and your students to use Minitab, from renting a single copy for a semester to providing unlimited use to your entire university community both on and off campus.
- Compatible with any curriculum – The organization of statistics and graphs in Minitab parallels the approach used in virtually all leading textbooks.
- Widely used in business and industry – Thousands of companies in more than 80 countries use Minitab to implement Six Sigma and other data-driven quality improvement programs.”
Availability: This product is installed in all ITS-managed Windows labs.
Scope of License: Licensed for use only on Mines-owned machines located on campus. For use on personal computers Minitab offers their software to academic communities for free or at reduced prices through their E-Acadamy Program. Please contact them directly for more information.
Cost to Qualified Mines End-Users: ITS does not charge for use of this license in supported labs and classrooms.
On-Line training: Quality Trainer by Minitab is avalable to the Mines community. Obtain the Subscription Key from the Mines Software Download site and then proceed to http://www.minitab.com/products/quality-trainer/use/enter-key.aspx to self-subscribe. If you want to organize your users into groups, it is advisable to setup your groups before you self-subscribe. Please request Group setup via the Mines Help Center.
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.