General Description: EquatIO is an easy to use and accessible editor that allows for the creation of mathematical equations, formulas and more.
Availability: for student and instructor use: EquatIO is available to Mines in several different ways:
- Pre-installed in all Mines computer labs
- Integrated with Canvas
- Installed on personal or office computers
- Installed as a Chrome extension
- Accessed via a web app
Method for Obtaining:
For personal computer installation, Chrome extension or web app access:
- Navigate to https://www.texthelp.com/products/equatio/
- Click the “Try EquatIO today” button
- Select the version (Windows, Mac OS, Chrome, Web App)
- Click the “Install” button
- Follow the installation process for your device
- When prompted, click the “Sign in with Microsoft” button
- If prompted, sign into your Mines Office 365 account with your Mines MultiPass credentials (email@example.com and password)
Access on Mines Lab computer:
- After logging into a Mines lab computer, click the “Start” button and type in EquatIO to find and launch.
*No log in is required when accessing via a Lab computer*
Access in Canvas:
EquatIO is available when editing any area in a Canvas course (page, quiz, announcement, etc.) where the Rich Content Editor is available. For example, an instructor could generate an equation as part of a Canvas quiz question. Additionally, students could access EquatIO to respond to a quiz question if the Rich Content Editor is available (e.g Essay questions)
(ALT. Text: EquatIO in Canvas rich content editor)
Documentation: Available from Texthelp support
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.