Vendor: PerkinElmer CambridgeSoft
Supported Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS
ChemDraw is the sole chemical and biological drawing suite required for the serious chemistry or life science professionals, containing advanced prediction tools and full Web integration using the ChemDraw ActiveX/Plugin. Features include 2D and 3D drawings of chemical and biological compounds, predicted proton NMR with peak splitting and highlighting, amino acid and DNA sequence tools, TLC plate drawing tool, Struct=Name, ISIS/Draw mode and stoichiometric analysis.
All of the features of this software can be viewed here.
Availability: For classroom/lab availability see https://its.mines.edu/campus-computing-labs.
Licensing: The Mines Chemistry Department has purchased a site license for ChemDraw version 18 Anyone with a valid Mines email address can download this software onto their computer, and you can download it on to more than one computer.
Method for Obtaining:
Instructions for downloading ChemDraw v18
- Go to http://sitesubscription.cambridgesoft.com/
- Find the link for Mines and click on it, then provide the requested information.
- Site License Verification: Enter your Mines email address
- Yes, your institution has a site license. Continue
- Download ChemBioDraw Ultra 16 onto your computer.
- Download the PDF manual.
- Cambridge should email you a serial number that you must use to install the software. If you don’t receive a serial number (because of Spam Blockers, etc.), then do the following;a. Login
b. Enter: Email Address, Password –> Login
c. Go to My Account (upper left hand corner)
d. Go to My Downloads (under Services in right hand column)
e. Serial Number should be displayed now.
- Install the software you downloaded using the serial number assigned to you.
- You are ready to go.
Documentation: Available from the ChemDraw Literature page
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center.