Supported Operating Systems: Windows or MacOS
General Description: Products which must be purchased such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Creative Suite, etc.
Availability: Limited availability in some labs. See Campus Computing Labs.
Method for Obtaining:
This software must be purchased. Academic discounts for personally owned computers are available from various retailers. Academic discounts for Mines owned computers are obtained by purchasing a license from CDW-G. Once a license is purchased, the software may be installed by ITS. Media is not available under this program. To request installation, contact ITS via the Mines Help Center.
CDW-G contact information for Mines owned computers:
Account Manager | CDW-G
Direct Line: 312.547.2099 | Fax: 312.752.3944
Toll Free: 866.869.5587 ext.52099
In order to obtain the Education discount and tax exempt status, you need to create an account on the site first. Do that by:
- Click ‘Create Account’ at the top right.
- Type your Mines email address, Org type: Education: Higher Education, username, password (of your choice).
- Verify your account via your Mines email address.
- Sign in to your CDWG account.
- You will be prompted to click on the ‘Sign in’ button on a second email to ‘save 5%’. Click the ‘Sign in’ button on the second email.
- Go back to CDWG customer portal and you should now see the discount price and tax exempt purchase.
- Each time you purchase from CDWG, make sure to sign in to your account.
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.