The Office of Information Security (OIS) is located within the Colorado School of Mines department of Information & Technology Solutions — ITS (formerly known as Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies — CCIT) and works with the campus community to increase the security of the campus information infrastructure, including the data network and connected hosts.
For general security issues, please submit a Mines Help Center support request at https://helpcenter.mines.edu. Contact the cyber-security team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forward suspicious spam email to email@example.com.
How Secure are you?
- Are you being “phished” (targeted with fraudulent email from a seemingly legitimate source)?
- Multi-Factor Authentication – Information about MFA at Mines.
- Full Disk Encryption – Use this link to get started with Mines’ Full Disk Encryption initiative.
- Campus Email Verification – Any email sent by OIS’s security office should be verified before any action is taken.
- Cyber Security Awareness – Check out OIS’s security awareness campaign.
- Identity Theft resources – A good starting point for more information about Identity Theft and ways to prevent it (link courtesy of Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office)
- Security Tips – Ways to combat the worst cybersecurity threats currently found on the Mines network.
- Virus Protection – Free antivirus software is available to the entire Mines community. It is required for all computers using the campus network.
- Security Alerts – Current security alerts and information on protecting your system from cyber-attacks.
- Incident Reporting – Guidelines and suggestions for reporting security-related incidents to OIS.
- Information Security Policies – Policies related to privacy and cyber-security.
- Contact Information – Ways to contact the Office of Information Security.
- Change Password – Criminals are out there. So you’ll want to change your password now and then.
- Digital Signatures – importing and usage guide for secure email using S/MIME certificates.