OnBase is a document management system, designed to centralize your documents in one unified location.
Document handling in OnBase
In an effort to support a “document-centric” environment within OnBase, below are some helpful reminders and tips on best practices with your documents.
Documents that are comprised of multiple pages are expected to have all pages indexed at the same time. Having a document that consists of multiple file formats are to be treated as individual documents. This approach adheres to best practices as recommended for Onbase and ensures future documents can be leveraged with workflows.
Page handling within a document
- Removing blank or unnecessary pages that are scanned in should be removed during the time of scanning or indexing.
- Appending one or more pages to the document is not supported.
- Reordering pages is recommended prior or during the indexing process.
- Once a document is indexed, the order of the pages is preserved as is.
- If pages need to be removed from a PDF, it is recommended that you remove the pages prior to indexing the document into Onbase.
BDM (Banner Document Management) Documents
BDM documents converted to OnBase are intended to be in an archived state, meaning that no pages will be added, deleted, or reordered. However, looking ahead, adopting this new practice of treating documents individually will ensure your documents are organized in a way that allows for automation and better aligns with the OnBase Workflow functionality.
OnBase is a workflow system, automating business processes across campus.
Workflows currently live
- Registrar Grade Change automates the faculties current process for a students’ grade to be changed (increased). This workflow utilizes a customized, secure, electronic form that receives/updates Banner data and includes notifications.
- Financial Aid Checklist which provides a secure web form for students to upload financial aid documents into OnBase. This workflow verifies the checklist requirements are met and once approved or rejected updates Banner, this drastically reduces the manual work of scanning and tracking documents.
End User Training for OnBase is scheduled by department to provide specific training for each area.
The location for all of the dates is Alderson Hall, Room 240.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
- 1/15/20, 10:00 to 11:00, Open to All (Outlook Integration and Application Enabler)
Login to OnBase
- Accessing OnBase via Trailhead has the same basic functionality as the client.
- Mac and Linux users will need to access OnBase via Trailhead.
- OnBase Workflows are accessed via Trailhead
DESKTOP CLIENT INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS
Internet Explorer is required for this Installation
Desktop Client is required for Scanning
OnBase Project Implementation Schedule (updated)
06-26-2018: Contract with Hyland signed for Document Conversion and Registrar Grade Change Workflow
10-16-2018 to 10-19-2018: Hyland & Mines onsite for discovery of Mines documents and Registrar Grade Change Workflow
04-18-2019 to 04-25-2019: Base Install User Acceptance Testing Round 1
05-07-2019 & 05-08-2019: Document Conversion Validation Round 1
04-29-2019 to 08-30-2019: Issue Resolution from Round 1 and review of Document Handling with Departments
09-03-2019 to 09-13-2019: Base Install User Acceptance Testing Round 2 (Final)
09-24-2019 & 09-25-2019: Registrar Grade Change Workflow Training and User Acceptance Testing Kick-off
09-30-2019: Document Conversion Validation Round 2 (Final)
10-06-2019 (5:00 PM, MT): Last day to modify existing documents in Banner BDM
10-15-2019 to 10-24-2019: End User Training
10-07-2019 to 10-23-2019 (5:00 PM, MT): Users can add new documents to Banner BDM. Users are prohibited from modifying existing documents. If you do modify existing documents those changes will not carry over to OnBase
10-23-2019 (5:01 PM, MT): This is the Banner BDM Freeze. Banner BDM will be read only from this point forward. Hold on to your new documents that are waiting to be indexed until Go-Live on 10/28/19
10-28-2019: OnBase Go-Live. Users begin using OnBase Workflow system as the Document Management system. OnBase will have all documents from Banner BDM. Project team will communicate if there are any exceptions for document availability.
|Information & Technology Solutions||Additional Departments||Project Sponsors|
|Joan Terrill, OnBase Project Manager||Academic Affairs||Kirstin Volpi, Executive VP, COO, CFO; Finance, Administration & Operations|
|Ted Boeckman, OnBase Technical Lead||Admissions||Thomas Boyd, Senior Associate Provost for Operations|
|Derek Cover, OnBase Application Administrator||Budget and Planning||Daniel Fox, V.P. Student Life, Dean of Students|
|Wan Zheng, OnBase Application Administrator||Bursar|
|Arlene Strauss, OnBase Application Administrator||Controller’s Office|
|Loni Cramer, OnBase Workflow Developer||Continuing and Professional Education Services|
|Diane Kitson, OnBase Workflow Developer||Financial Aid|
|Melanie Kosciolek, OnBase Workflow Developer||Graduate Studies|
|Emily Miles, SQL Server DBA||Human Resources|
|Vanessa Rael, OnBase Business Process Engineer||International Office|
|Connie Schamaun, OnBase Website Developer||Lock Shop|
|Ricardo Santiago Oquendo, OnBase Trailhead Support||Office of Research Administration|
|Donald Hanson, OnBase Lab Support||Procurement|
|Mike Erickson, OnBase ITS Representative||Registrar|
|MAPS (Payroll, A/P, Travel & Expense)|