Office of the CIO
Office of the CIO Functions
Office of the CIO Functions
• IT Strategic Plan
• IT Service Management
• Business Operations
• Financial Planning and Budgeting
• Strategic Technology Acquisition
• IT Governance
• Project and Change Management
• Instructional and Learning Technology
• Technology Fee Coordination and Administration
• Outreach Coordination
• Identity and Access Management
• Business Process Transformation and Continuous Improvement
• Research Support and High Performance Computing Services
• Audiovisual, Lab and Classroom Support
• End-User Computing Support
• Information Security
• Applications Administration and Web Services
CIO Areas of Oversight
What’s happening in Information and Technology Solutions (ITS)? This is the place to be if you want to be in the know! Watch for communications from our CIO, newsletters, and a twitter feed!
Monthly ITS Lunch & Learn Topics
4th Friday of the month @ noon
- Feb 2021 – Self-Awareness in the Workplace
- Mar 2021 – Common Workplace Challenges
- Apr 2021 – Vendor Data Breaches
- Jun 2021 – Get to know ITS groups, summary of what they do, TDX domain, etc.
- Jun 2021 – Guided open session where we swap efficiency tips/stories/strategies
- Jul 2021 – Review ITS portfolio and discuss business value of our systems and the goals/directions for future
- Jul 2021 – Teleworking effectively
- Aug 2021 – Infrastructure direction – cloud migrations
- Aug 2021 – Networking – how Wi-Fi works, LANs/WANs, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Sept 2021 – How to set up Grouper for automating deprovisioning accounts in other enterprise applications
- Sep 2021 – User provisioning/deprovisioning process
- Oct 2021 – Lessons learned on past hacking attacks or other advanced information security trainings
- Oct 2021 – Cybersecurity Awareness in October
- Nov 2021 – ITS Website – how to request changes, stakeholder feedback
- Nov 2021 – Web design for accessibility
- Dec 2021 – TDX Metrics, Reporting, Dashboarding
- Dec 2021 – Academic Technology – what’s new?
- Jan 2022 – TDX Project Management Training
- Feb 2022 – GIT (code hosting platform for version control and collaboration) – How to presentation
- Feb 2022 – Best practices/standards for Confluence
- Mar 2022 – Research Computing/HPC: High-Level overview of what we do
More Microsoft O365 tips and tricks! Join ITS as they partner with...
ITS Deploying new logon banner notifications Starting on 24 June 2021,...
More Microsoft Teams tips and tricks! Join ITS as they partner with...
This is Mines Information & Technology Solutions newsletter for students, faculty, and staff. Each issue contains detailed updates on exciting new and ongoing projects from Information & Technology Solutions (ITS), and provides an in-depth look at the information infrastructure and services that help empower Mines community members to be successful.