Academic Campus – Wired

If you are connecting to the campus wired network using a computer which has never previously connected, you will need to register your computer for an IP address. Static IP addresses are generally reserved for equipment owned by Mines or operated by Mines faculty or staff, while dynamic addresses are available to anyone in the Mines community.

If you would like to connect your computer to a previously unused network port. Please click below to request that it be activated.

If you need a hardwired data connection in a location that does not currently have one, or you require an additional network port added to an existing location, please click below.

If you require assistance configuring your computer to connect to the Mines network, please locate the instructions for your particular operating system by clicking the link below.