ITS Instructional Technologies Team
- instructional computer labs running Linux or Windows operating system
- computer podiums
- audio-visual resources, including LCD projectors, overhead projectors, and teleconferencing
The Lab Team does not generally support:
- research computer labs
- portable sound systems
Computer Labs and Current Lab Software
Deadlines for Lab-Build Changes
The Lab Team will update software (and sometimes hardware) in specific labs once each semester. (The software configuration to be applied is known as a “build.”) Requests for new or updated software must be submitted by a specific deadline in the previous semester. Here are those deadlines:
- For Summer semester builds – 21 days prior to Spring Commencement
- For Fall semester builds – 14 days after Spring Commencement
- For Spring semester builds – 21 days prior to Fall Commencement
Commencement dates may be found in the official Mines Academic Calendar: https://catalog.mines.edu/calendar/.
Requests made as early as possible via Mines Help Center “Helpdesk” are very much appreciated. After the deadline, changes may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis if possible; however, this may not always be possible. Much testing goes into each lab build to insure software compatibility, so we take a cautious approach to late software additions. Staffing and timing issues may also influence whether a late software addition is possible.